Tuesday 23 September 2014

The Great Gatsby film trailer


I found this theatrical trailer interesting as it manage to bring across to the audience the genre of the film and the themes throughout, this was mainly done through editing, for example jump cuts, this gave us short clips of main scenes/events in the film which effectively incises the audience into wanting the watch the film and piece all the clips together. I found the editing in the trailer very effective as it kept the audience focused and grabbed their attention as the audience had to stay focused due to the fast pace scenes. 
This trailer has given me ideas for when I begin to create my own film trailer as I have been able to see the effectiveness of editing, sound and camera shots within a trailer and how they grab the audiences attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment