Saturday 10 January 2015

Planning my Film trailer

Narrative
The narrative to my film trailer will be a young girl who is being stalked by a man. As the trailer begins the audience will be unaware of the stalker, just like the young girl is. Moreover the the audience will built up the same feeling as the young girl and create a sense of fear for the young girl as they will begin noticing the stalker before she does. As the trailer goes on the young girl will begin to get suspicions and tension will arise. The more clear the stalker becomes to the girl the pace will quicken and the tension will become greater. The trailer will end on a cliffhanger, leaving the audience with a sense of mystery as to what has happened to the young girl. 

Setting
The setting is one of the most important features of a film trailer in creating effect and overall impact. To make my trailer seems realistic to the narrative, having a 'stalker', I will use a variety of effective horror film settings. From research I have found isolated setting to be effective in creating suspence. Furthermore a girl walking alone at night seems to be a classic feature of Horror films. I will develop this by using recreating similar scenes but also by using other setting such as the girls home which may create fear for the audience as they may see it as relatable.


Costumes
Two characters:
Young girl:
I have chosen a young girl as one of my main characters as since I have decided on giving my film trailer a 12 rating, I think by having a young girl as the main character, the film becomes more appealing to teenagers and allowing them to relate to the character. I have also decided of giving the young girl the role of the victim as stereotypically girls are seen as more vulnerable than boys, this decision therefore may create a bigger sense of fear.
Male:
I have therefore chosen the male character to be the villain of the film trailer as from doing research and watching other films/film trailers the male characters are taken more seriously as the villain and are usually seen as the more intermediating character.

As the there is going to be no dialogue in the trailer, the costumes along with with the acting will show the audience who this the victim and who is the villain. The costumes are therefore an essential part in being able to get this across to the audience from the very first scene. For my female character, I am thinking of having her wear normal casual everyday clothes, in order to to make her look like any other young girl so that she can be relatable. I will then dress my male character in dark clothing to represent fear. He will wear a dark hoodie with his hood up which will create fear and tension as the audience will not be able to see his face properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment