Friday 20 February 2015

Billing block

In most film posters a billing block is featured at the bottom of the poster. These contain the credits of the creation of the film, for example, the production company and who the film was written by. I found the billing block to be the most important convention of a poster in order to make it look like a professional poster. 
I therefore decided to make my own billing block for my poster. In order for it to look professional, I researched billing blocks on the internet to ensure I knew the correct codes and conventions I should include.


After research I found all billing blocks to have a similar layout, in that they are only a few lines long and that they written in a small font so that they do that take away the focus from main features on the poster. The font size also varies from big to small which is a convention that stands out the most, the idea of this is so that the audience are able to clearly see the information they want the most, for example who is starred in the film. Another convention I found to be in every billing block was that they are all done in black and white, this is effective as the billing block does not need to stand out and by being in black and white it allows it to be subtle.


What I shall include in my billing block:
Production company - Collumb productions
Title of my film - Shadow
Directed by - Sarah Collumb
Starring - Kieran Jenkins and Grace Parcell
Written by - Sarah Collumb
Music by - Lloyd Evans
Produced By  - Sarah Collumb


This is the billing block I have created which will feature at the bottom of my trailer. I created using a black background on word and white writing and typing out what I had previously planned to put in my billing block. After typing it out I played around with the font types and sizes in order to give it a professional look of what a real billing block should look like.



No comments:

Post a Comment